Monday 24 September 2012

An evening in the cellar

We ventured into the cellar last night. 
Looks a bit bare - must get an updated picture.
I was a little worried it was going to be too cold to do much but it was not nearly as cold as I had anticipated. After being asked to make some jewellery for a friends girls for a wedding, (see Fit for a Princess), I had a bit of a tidy up and an attempted organisation of my side of the room. It is a little better and it has turned up all sorts of bits I am not quite sure what to do with. So I have started an attempt to use up the odds and ends and create some loveliness with what I have found.

 Maybe something for a little girls Christmas stocking
Dragonfly earrings
And something for Mum's stocking!
Freshwater pearl and haematite earrings 
 I love these charms and the beads just finish it off.
One of two pretty bookmarks
 I can't decide which I like more pink or green?
The second bookmark
 This was an experiment and I think I am pleased with it's outcome.
Star tree decoration - needs ribbon
Yellow and green for the less traditional tree. 
Another star - also needing ribbon
 This was the first one I made. Looking forward to seeing them on a tree now.
Yes still need to get the ribbon box out
 Finally this bracelet. The charm was very chunky and needed a heavy chain. I think anything smaller would have been too delicate. I was in two minds to bead the chain in red white and blue but I really liked it just plain and simple like this.
Union Jack charm bracelet
The final thing I made was actually a present for a friends birthday and was not about using up the bits I found as much.
Pretty heart wine charms.
I made lots of wine charms last year, they sold like hotcakes. They are very pretty and fairly easy to do.

What did you get up to this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Love all your makes, especially the red/green Christmas star. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    Gorgeous makes! I'm visiting via LissyLou. I read that you moved to Germany. Are you in Germany now? Whereabouts are you? I'm a Brit living in Duesseldorf (we've been here for 9 years).....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and your experiences.